Here are the cheats and hints for New Super Mario Bros (Nintendo Wii)
Unlockable: Super Guide Mode
You could activated the “Auto Pilot”mode by die in a level 8 times. If you turn on the Auto Pilot mode, Mario will complete the level on his own. This appears as a green Super Guide block (with a ! on it) in the level. To activate the mode you must hit it and you’ll be able to watch Luigi finish the level for you.
Note: There is no Super Guide for World 9.
Unlockable: Save File Stars
You will be awarded a star on your save points if you performed a special action. Here are the stars you can earn:
- Star 1 – Complete the game (you can use Warp Cannons)
- Star 2 – Collect all 24 Star Coins in World 9
- Star 3 – Complete every “normal” level in the game,i.e., you don’t need to find Secret Goals.
- Star 4 – Collect all 207 Star Coins in the first 8 Worlds
- Star 5 – Complete every level, find every secret goal and use all of the Warp Cannons.
- 5 “Sparkly” Stars – Get all five stars without making a Luigi Block appear (you cannot die 8 times in a row on a single level)
Unlockable: Alternate Endings
To unlock an alternate ending completed the actions below:
- Ending 1 (The Princess says, “Did I ever tell you about the Secret World?”) -complete the game once.
- Ending 2 (The Princess says, “Oh Mario, tell me about your adventure again!”) – complete the game a second time.
Unlockable: World 9
To unlock World 9, you must to complete the game. You can Unlock each level in World 9 after You gathered all of the coins in each of the Worlds 1-8:
- 9-1 – Find all the Star Coins in World 1
- 9-2 – Find all the Star Coins in World 2
- 9-3 – Find all the Star Coins in World 3
- 9-4 – Find all the Star Coins in World 4
- 9-5 – Find all the Star Coins in World 5
- 9-6 – Find all the Star Coins in World 6
- 9-7 – Find all the Star Coins in World 7
- 9-8 – Find all the Star Coins in World 8
Hint: Mushroom Houses
In New SMB Wii, you can make a bonus Mushroom house appear on the map by saving Toad when he appears in a level. To do this, you’ll need to head to a level with the white Toad marker. Release Toad from the ? Block he’s trapped in — near the beginning of a level, listen for the cries — and run him all the way to the end of the level to make a Mushroom House spawn. The type of Mushroom house depends on the final digit of the time when you grab the flag at the end of the level.
- Green (1-Up cannon game) – Get Toad to the end of the level, hit flag when the last digit of the time ends in 0, 1, 2 or 3.
- Red (Match game) – Get Toad to the end of the level, hit flag when the last digit of the time ends in 4, 5, 6 or 7
- Gold (Star reward) – Get Toad to the end of the level, hit flag when the last digit of the time ends in 8 or 9
Note: In multiplayer, you can make a Mushroom House appear using the a similar timing method. Hit the flag when the time digits end in 00,11,or 22 for a green house; 33, 44, 55, 66, 77 or 88 for a red house; or 99 for a gold house.
Unlockable: Save Anywhere
You’ll be able to “hard save” anywhere you’d like after you completed the game (Beat World 8-Bowser’s Castle). The option replaces the Quick Save option.
Unlockable: Mushroom House Bonanza
You could make all the Mushroom houses in Worlds 1-8 reappear after you completed the game. Collect all the Star Coins and visit every Warp Cannon to make the houses reappear and stay for good.
Hint: Flower Coins
Just spin-jump on any of the small, dancing flowers in the game by shake the Wii Remote to make a coin appear.
Hint: Double Ground Pound (Multiplayer)
This performance need at least two human player to be activated. The Double Ground Pound has the ability to kill all nearby enemies much like a POW block. You’ll need to time your ground pound (press JUMP then DOWN) so both players hit precisely at the same moment.
Hint: Red Mushroom House Tomfoolery
By performing a ground pound on him (jump and the press DOWN), you can steal your teamates’ turn when playing multiplayer in the Red Mushroom House match game.
Hint: Turtle Tipping for 99 Lives
To get 99 lives in New SMB Wii. Go to world 2-3 and, at the end, right before the flag. Search for a set of steps and a turtle ambling down them. If you time your jump just right you’ll continue bouncing on the shell collecting lives until you max out at 99.
Find the corresponding Warp Spots in the following levels:
Level 1-3 – Cannon
Level 2-4 – Warp pipe leading to castle
Level 2-6 – Cannon
World 3 Ghost House – Cannon
Level 3-4 – Warp to Level 3-5 or castle
Level 3-5 – Star Mushroom House
World 4 Fortress – Cannon
World 4 Ghost House – Star Mushroom House
World 5 Ghost House – Cannon
Level 6-5 – Castle back door
Level 6-6 – Cannon
World 7 Fortress – Warp to Level 7-6
World 7 Ghost House – Warp to Level 7-5
Level 8-2 – Warp to Level 8-7
Easter Egg: Slow Down Or You’ll Lose Your Hat!
Mario will lose his hat if you get 99 lives! (the maximum number of lives in New Super Mario Bros. Wii). Once you beat a level with a full 99 count, Mario will appear hat-less on the map screen and in subsequent gameplay. If you lose a single life You’ll regain your hat.
This post contain New Super Mario Bros cheats, hints & unlockable for Wii. Feel free to drop a comment if you have another cheats.
Tags: Mario Bros, New Super Mario Bros, Super Mario